December 2, 2008

Victoria Beckham wants to design toilet dresses

Victoria Beckham waves after posing for photographers during a presentation of her clothes collection at a store in downtown Madrid October 16, 2008.

Dec. 3 -- Victoria Beckham wanted to design dresses women can go to the toilet in.

The former Spice Girls star - who recently launched her second collection of women's clothes - determined the most important features the outfits needed.

She said: "I put all the clothes on myself and walk around in it, and I know what feels comfortable. I know how a dress should sit. I've worn so many in the past and when I see the photographs I think, crikey, my boobs are up round my neck again because the corsets are too short and not cut high enough.

"Like I knew I would spend a lot on high-quality zips because I have had my share of badly made zips. I wanted a zip that undoes from both ends because then you can either put the dress on over your head or step into it - and also, you know, going to the loo wouldn't be this whole big problem."

Victoria - who has three sons with husband David - also revealed being in the Spice Girls made it harder to pursue a career in fashion.

She added to Britain's The Times newspaper: "Being in the Spice Girls, fashion-wise, probably didn't open any doors. If anything, it shut doors and I have had to bang them down."

(Agencies)

0 comments:

by Cuteman

123 Web Trip - Powered by Cuteman 2008