November 4, 2008

Kylie Minogue wants to be comedienne

Australian singer Kylie Minogue smiles as she poses for photographers with the OBE she received from Britain's Prince Charles for her services to music at Buckingham Palace in London July 3, 2008

Nov. 4 -- Kylie Minogue wants to be a comedienne.

The "Wow" singer - who shot to fame as mechanic Charlene Ramsay in Australian soap "Neighbours" - is considering a return to acting and would love to show off her comic side.

She said: "I'm starting to think acting would be good - I'd love to do a comedy.

"I've done a few little comedy bits and pieces as a guest and I love it. It's so much fun. It's where I come from so I'm very comfortable to go back to that."

The 40-year-old star insists she would be a natural choice to take on a light-hearted role.

She added: "It's not well known that I'm funny but I am. People who know me will tell you."

Kylie has also revealed she hated feeling as though she had to choose between acting or singing when she moved into pop in the late '80s.

She added: "I started out as an actress and I thought if I was lucky that would be my career, because it's notoriously difficult to do well.

"Then I started singing and I was in that weird space where people say 'You can't be a singer, you're an actress.' Then after a certain time they're saying, 'Well you're a singer, you can't be an actress'.

"I hate that! I hate that! If you're creative there's no reason you shouldn't work in different mediums. Recording and being a performer, time rolled by and I was pushing and pushing to see how much better I could become."

0 comments:

by Cuteman

123 Web Trip - Powered by Cuteman 2008