November 4, 2008

Kate Winslet's wrong look

Actress and honoree Kate Winslet poses at the 16th annual BAFTA/LA Cunard Britannia awards in Los Angeles Nov. 1, 2007. The awards are given out by the British Academy of Film and Television Arts/Los Angeles (BAFTA/LA) to outstanding talents in the entertainment industry

Nov. 4 -- Kate Winslet didn't think she would ever be famous because she was "fat."

The Oscar-nominated actress - who can soon be seen starring alongside Leonardo DiCaprio again in new movie "Revolutionary Road" - was worried she wouldn't fit in to Hollywood because of her plus-sized figure.

She said: "This is going to sound really weird, but I never had a desire to be famous. I never had huge ambitions - never. I was fat. I didn't know any fat famous actresses. I just did not see myself in that world at all, and I'm being very sincere. You know, once a fat kid, always a fat kid. Because you always think that you just look a little bit wrong or a little bit different from everyone else.

"And I still sort of have that. I often look at women who wear great jeans and high heels and nice little T-shirts wandering around the city and I think, I should make more of an effort."



Actress Kate Winslet gestures as she accepts the Britannia Award for British Artist of the Year at the 16th annual BAFTA/LA Cunard Britannia awards in Los Angeles Nov. 1, 2007.

The 33-year-old actress - who has an eight-year-old daughter Mia with ex-husband Jim Threapleton and a five-year-old son Joe with current spouse Sam Mendes - also revealed she finds it difficult to maintain a low profile while she is taking her children to school.

She added to Vanity Fair magazine: "You know why I fear people's judgment? Because I know they're judging. I know they are. You know, these mothers are going to read this article and they're all absolutely great, but I know when I walk into that classroom in the morning, even if it's for a split second, at some point I'm being checked out.

"And some of them will even say to me, 'OK, what's the secret with the skin?' At which point I'm like, 'Oh my God, there's no secret. I have make-up on. And by the way, since I turned 30, I've had an acne problem on my chin. I'm just like everybody else - I just know how to cover it. If you'd like me to show you how, I'd be more than happy.' "

(Agencies)

0 comments:

by Cuteman

123 Web Trip - Powered by Cuteman 2008