October 2, 2008

UK student wins over $12 mln in lottery

Miss Fullagar was due to start a law degree next year.

Oct. 2 -- An 18-year-old British student won 7 million pounds (about 12.68 million U.S. dollars) in a lottery draw, but her dog bit her on the bottom when she screamed so loudly from excitement, according to British media reports Thursday.

The teenager, Ianthe Fullagar, living in Cumbria, northern England, said: "At first I thought I had matched three numbers, so I couldn't believe it when I realized I had the five main numbers plus one Lucky Star.

"My mum called the National Lottery Line and it was only then that I realized I had won a share of the jackpot. We were both screaming so loudly that my dog, Brock, didn't know what was happening and bit me on the bottom.

I didn't know what to do with my ticket, so after hiding it in my bra and jewellery box, I settled for my gym bag until it was confirmed I was a winner."

Fullagar said she will still study law at university next year, despite her huge win on the EuroMillions game.

"I'm going to live the life of a student. I'm going to live in student digs," she told the BBC. "I love baked beans."

After receiving an over-sized check at an official ceremony, she said she plans to spend her winnings on her family and friends and a new Ford Ka.

(Agencies)

0 comments:

by Cuteman

123 Web Trip - Powered by Cuteman 2008